The ELAM Group Turns 4!
About email@example.comThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far firstname.lastname@example.org has created 10 blog entries.
ELAM’s James Hogan on the Radio!
The ELAM Group is in the news again this week as Owner and CEO James Hogan is the guest on Wil’s Hampton’s Catholic Sports Weekly show on Catholic Radio Indy. The topic is business leadership and Hogan discusses his faith and family plus his business focus on ethics and how it shapes daily decisions made by The ELAM Group.
ELAM Participates in BSU Geology Job Fair
The ELAM Group was excited to mingle with some of the best and brightest students from Ball State’s Geology department recently at the 15th Annual Indiana Geosciences Job Fair in Muncie, Indiana. The Department’s Chair, Dr. Richard Fluegeman, welcomed ELAM and others to help students answer questions about the business of Environmental Consulting. Check out our news clip below!
EPA Responds Quickly to PFAS Action Act
Just a few short weeks after the congressional action that put the risks of polyfluoroalkyl substances (“PFAS”) on every environmentalist’s radar, the USEPA has responded, implementing an action plan designed to better understand and limit human exposure to potentially harmful levels of PFAS in the environment. The EPA will lead the effort, but will continue to partner with other federal agencies, states and local communities to reduce public risk. The new action plan was announced February 14th.
Key EPA actions addressing the PFAS-related challenges include:
- Expand toxicity information for PFAS
- Develop new tools to characterize PFAS in the environment
- Evaluate cleanup approaches
- Develop guidance to facilitate cleanup of contaminated groundwater
- Use enforcement tools to address PFAS exposure in the environment and assist states in enforcement activities
- Use legal tools such as those in TSCA to prevent future PFAS contamination
- Address PFAS in drinking water using regulatory and other tools
- Develop new tools and materials to communicate about PFAS
James Hogan, President and CEO of The ELAM Group, says, “Coming on the heels of the PFAS Action Act of 2019 just a few short weeks ago, the EPA is wasting no time in shaping its approach to tackling the PFAS issue.”
A USEPA Fact Sheet on PFAS may be found here.