Environmental Field Technician
An environmental field technician (EFT) provides the firm with a reliable resource to undertake its field activities within environments containing contaminated media. In this regard, the EFT is relied upon to properly understand, execute and advise on continuous improvement to the company’s fieldwork protocols. This individual should be a good listener who can take direction well.
- Understand environmental and health & safety regulations and perform work in a compliant manner with the regulations for all field work
- Assist project managers with the procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies for projects
- Perform maintenance on system components to ensure or restore proper operation and compliance
- Environmental data collection and interpretation
- General office assistance such as filling out paperwork and submitting reports
- Travel for extended periods, if necessary
- It is anticipated that an EFT will travel 30 to 60 percent of the time; however, this estimate may change based on client needs
- Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landscape, inside buildings and outdoor terrain
- Work in extreme (hot and cold) weather conditions safely
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis
- Pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug screening, if required
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical system failures
- Provide an aggressive and pro-active approach to client needs
- Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays, if necessary
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate’s Degree in environmental science or related field of study
- Bachelor’s Degree in geology, environmental science or engineering a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification and current 8-hour refresher class
If you are interested in joining The ELAM Group, please submit your resume to email@example.com and specify the position for which you are applying in your cover letter. Please also include your salary requirements.
The ELAM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.